Powder Room Finishing Touches and Reveal

The Powder Room is done!!!

Here is how we finished it up.

We looked everywhere for the right vanity and sink. We finally picked one from IKEA of all places. We went and looked at it and it was the perfect size (24") and is great quality. The drawers are soft close, and it is all made of solid wood.

One Saturday we installed it. 



Sink (also IKEA) and faucet (found online)



It was in! The hot water wasn't a big deal to hook up, but getting the cold water hooked up took a few more tricks and trips to Home Depot.

 I started shopping for accessories... I loved this rug, it was SUPER soft, but the pile on it was too high- the door wouldn't go over it. Keep looking...


I found this one online at Cost Plus World Market, so the next day Hudson and I went to check it out. 


First we stopped at Hobby Lobby. I wanted different knobs on the vanity- the plain black ones weren't doing it for me. These were my favorites there, but they were out- these were the display ones.


At Cost Plus we found the PERFECT knobs. I love these. They are glass but have the perfect amount of blue/gray in them. The rug was also perfect!


Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond looking for hand towels to match the new rug (the ones at Cost Plus that were supposed to match weren't even close), I found this towel rack/tp holder set.. It was just what I was looking for. We had bought a towel rack and tp holder from Home Depot, but I wasn't in love with them.So we picked these up and took the Home Depot ones back. 


Dave spent a few days figuring out the plumbing...


It was time to install the tp holder and towel rack. We didn't want to walk into the bathroom and see the tp on the wall- see? not good.

So we decided to install it onto the vanity. 


Dave put an extra piece of trim behind it so it is really strong and won't hurt the vanity. 


The towel rack was 18", so Dave cut down the rod so we could install it onto the little diagonal wall. I love that it covers the electrical plug- it isn't going to get a lot of use in a powder room, so hide it!



 Onto the mirror. This is what I REALLY want- I think it would be the perfect mirror for this bathroom. The only thing is it costs a pretty penny... 

One day I will have this mirror! 

(I looked all over for a similar one that was cheaper, but it isn't out there. It can only be 24" wide, which makes it hard!)

Ashland Pivot Mirror

Until we want to spend some bucks on a mirror, we needed something. I lucked out and found this little mirror for super cheap- $12!  The frame is plastic, but it will do. It just needed a little paint. I decided it should be white- so it would "blend in" with the walls. I didn't want it to stand out.


Taped the mirror off and chalked the uneven corners. 





I primed it and painted it. 



Are you ready? Here is the finished powder room. I absolutely love it. It feels so light and clean. With no window I think it is important to keep things light. The vanity grounds everything. I normally don't go for chrome fixtures but I love the shine and sparkle that they add to the space. 







We bought a new white floor vent, to match the new floors. 


A white doorstop

We love that our little stool fits perfectly under the vanity so when little kids come and need a little help with the sink or toilet, there is a stool. But when you don't need it, it is out of sight. 


The lovely new knobs. 



The drawers hold so much! I am not quite sure what else I should put in them- ideas??? 

Extra TP in the bottom drawer. 


An extra hand towel in the top drawer. 




I love the rug. 
An unexpected shape, 
very durable and easy to wash. 
See the stool in the pic above?



There are a few more things that I want to add. A bathroom needs a trash can- thinking a chrome one. There is the perfect place for it- below... just need to find it! I also need to find a soap dispenser. 
The one currently being used it chipped...


The walls also need something. I think I will know what it is when I see it, but I am not sure what it will be yet. Maybe something like this? Different shaped mirrors hanging? They would have to be a lot smaller than these of course... 

different shaped mirrors... smaller ones in grouping for powder room?

Or maybe something with a little texture... Who knows. I will post whenever I find something, but I am ok if it takes some time. 

What do you think? 
We had our first dinner party over the weekend and one of our younger guests told me it was a very pretty bathroom :) Makes me smile because I agree. 




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this room! Absolutely beautiful. Love the soothing colors, the paneling, the floors, everything! (Wanted that floor tile when we had to redo our kids bath, but ended up with the cheaper octagon ones.)

    I NEED that vanity btw, I could fill it in a heartbeat. In addition to what you already have, I'd store my hand soap refill, cleaning wipes (for quick cleanings), and baby wipes or washclothes (for little kid face cleanings). I might even stash some lotion, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. (Our powder room gets ALOT of use;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Magash!
    I'd put some nice paper "napkins" or towels for the guests to dry their hands with ( more hygienic than using a towel) in the drawer.
    AK

    ReplyDelete