Hudson & Grant's Bedroom



Back in the beginning of July I started on Hudson and Grants room. The first thing we did was take the closet doors OFF. They were always coming off their tracks and it was hard for both boys to get to their clothes, having to slide a door or two over, so I decided it would be better to just have them off for now. 


To make the closet feel more "done" I decided to paint it.. 



* I also painted the walls in their room, no during pictures...

When I couldn't find curtains I liked, I found fabric I liked and backed it with an old sheet to make them thicker. 


We didn't need to buy much for this room re-do, but we did buy some new green bed spreads. (Ikea)


This shelf has a special story. 


Back in the summer of 2011, Dave and I went to Carmel, CA for a get-a-way. The last morning we were there we decided to take a walk along the beach. We found this old board, might be a railroad tie, we aren't sure, but it was washed up on the beach and the PERFECT size for a shelf! I convinced Dave to help me carry it back to our car (Man, it was HEAVY!). We drove that water-logged board back to CO! It sat in our old garage, and then our new house's garage, for two years...waiting until we did the little boys bedroom.... I found a cool way to install it so it looks like it is floating (you can't see any brackets), and we love it! 

(Here is the board/shelf where we found it)


Ok, here you go, the final reveal of Hudson & Grant's bedroom. Pics aren't the best, I am not a photographer by any means, but you get the idea :)


This is the view when you walk in





Having the closet doors off is awesome. We have packed in a lot of stuff into that closet, but it is pretty organized and it works. 


The shelf above the clothes is a great place to display stuff. At the end of the shelf are two big file boxes. Someday I will show you what those are, but each boy has one and inside of them are files to organize their favorite bday cards, school projects, grades, pics etc from each year. 


Each boy has a container to keep their "treasures". This basket is Grants and Hudson's is the orange suitcase on the floating shelf. 

The reading nook. 

I made these a couple of years ago. (w/o the crossed out names)

 Each boy also has a bulletin board that they can display whatever they want on. I just wrapped the boards with wire and found tiny clothes pins for them to attach their stuff with. 


On top of the bookcase is a globe lamp




Hudson's dresser (Grant's is the one in the closet). 
Blue bin has his Lego's.





These airplanes have been in many rooms, starting with Andrew's nursery. 


The green bean bag is actually a bean bag cover that I made that they keep all of their stuffed animals in. 


Love their curtain rod! It is made from plumbing materials and isn't going anywhere! For those of you with boys, know how fast curtain rods get pulled on, ripped out of the walls etc. 




Each bed has a little shelf for the books they are reading. I also made the initial pillows for their beds. 


 (The letters are darker red than in the pictures below, they are the closer to the color of the picture above)



There you have it! 

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! LOVE the curtain rods. And the curtains (my boys have similar ones;)). And now I want to make birth announcements posters for them too. My favorite though has to be how you blended all the different colors together. It looks cohesive but not match-matchy. I struggle with that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the boys rooms look awesome! i can't believe how much you are getting done, pregnant and all. can't wait to see the nursery :)

    ReplyDelete