Updated "Threshold"

I have no idea if threshold is the real technical term for it, but I am going with that. Dave went to Home Depot to try and find a new one.. A brushed or satin nickel one, to match the doorknob... They told him that you can't just buy one, they come with the whole door kit. No thanks, not buying a new door anytime soon. So I bought some satin nickel spray paint (I am learning that spray paint is my new easy-go-to problem solver!) and got started.






First I cleaned and prepped the area. Getting more paint drips left behind off...






I taped the area around the threshold off...


First thin coat... I dried it with the hair dryer and let it sit for 30 min before doing another coat. Left it over night and then did one last coat in the morning...



The bottom of the door isn't painted, it is a lip of rubber that is gray... 




I have no idea how it will wear but I will keep you posted. The last brass/gold thing to go is the dead bolt, but since we had to pay for the locks to be changed right before we moved in, that will have to wait... Unless I decide someday I am bored and spray paint it too ;)



3 comments: