A little more curb appeal

This past weekend we checked a few more little projects off of our long list.

Here is a little reminder of what the house looked like when we bought it. Fading gold/brass house numbers and the lights were gray/green- the almost looked like someone has sponge-painted the green on them. 


Time for some change. We took them off, took them apart, I cleaned the glass...


We got a lot of coupons to home improvement stores when we moved- so we used one and got a deal on some bigger, black house numbers. 



Ready to install




I got to painting the fixtures... I used spray paint meant for metal and choose a satin finish- not flat and not too shiny...


Side note while the paint dries :) I ordered a new doormat...
 (I just noticed the gold there too! I can't seem to escape it! Add replace that to the list... I also need to get the white paint drips off of the steps/entry- this was here when we moved in too, not from when we got our house painted.. but I love the new mat!)

I was THRILLED when the tree next to the house became full of white flowers! 
It is exactly what I would have picked.




And here we are- lights installed again, much better. 





Oh and we put the flag up- there are two places for the flag pole so we had to test which one worked better (I need to take the other one off).. and left the flag. 


Our neighbors asked Dave if we bought new light fixtures! He told them I painted them and they are looking into painting theirs now. Everyone on the street is very excited about how great the house looks, they keep saying things to us :) Still more to do but the improvement has been drastic to say the least!



No comments:

Post a Comment