day sixteen

Today (Tuesday), the electrician put some holes in the ceiling for the pendants while we were at swim lessons. When I came home and asked how he had centered/placed them without knowing where the island goes... he had been told to put them where it made sense and he felt bad. He told me to let him know where I wanted them. 

The cabinets are starting to go in and of course there are hiccups. Roman put the two pantries in so the doors wouldn't open together (one hinged on the right and the other on the left so you can see both at the same time with the doors open), but rather side by side, both hinged on the left-one opening into the wall, which didn't make sense to me, so I had him fix that. He wasn't given the best floor plan drawing to build the kitchen off of, so there are a few other things we need to switch, but first the little wall needs to be dry-walled. 


I went over to my neighbors house, who has the same floor plan as our house and the big island in her kitchen and measured etc and finalized the placement of where I want the island to be. Then I made a island placement & lighting plan to give to Roman and the electrician so holes can be drilled for the pendent lights and the island can be placed. 


I am torn- it is hard being home with the kids when work is going on, but I also want to be able to keep an eye on things so everything is done right. Some people might think I am silly, but I know what I want and I want it done right! 

We have been in and out most days, enough time for me to check on things but also be gone so the kids don't drive me (and the workers) crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment