Out With the Gold


You all know what gold door knobs look like, but here are a few pictures to refresh your memories:


A few of the door knobs had parts that were plastic and Grant couldn't open the door to his bedroom! He would wake up in the middle of the night yelling "I have to go potty and I can't open the door!" So this change-out wasn't purely for looks- we needed door knobs that work.  

I ordered some new satin nickel door knobs and hinges, once again from overstock.com. I love this site because you can read reviews and really know what you are buying and they have GREAT prices- and I lucked out and got free shipping too (their regular shipping is super cheap also). 

Dave and I changed the knobs and hinges out late one night, so not exciting pictures of us working on doors, but here are the results-

Grant can open his bedroom door!

These doors to the office are begging to be painted a different color- I am thinking black for a great contrast or something fun... 






 
ahhh, much better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment