Powder Room @10349

We decided before we moved and rented our house (the original plan) we should update the powder room. I was sick of the red- I once heard someone say that EVERYONE had a red bathroom (this was after I painted mine red) and now, 7 years later, I was ready to freshen it up. 


Here are some before pictures.




Look at that lovely tan and pink linoleum floors... they are the same in the laundry room and two bathrooms upstairs. Not a fan. I have seen a lot worse, but still they are bad. 


Hudson seeing what I was doing... and I think I need to add more hooks to hang things in the new house- see the pile of stuff hanging on three hooks in the laundry room!?!?



Dave and I got these baskets on our honeymoon in Hawaii from this neat little shop where they had all sorts of hand made items. :)






Demo begins!









This was not easy- whoever put the linoleum in used a ton of glue... So this took a lot longer than Dave thought it would... I was just happy there was texture behind the cabinet on the wall!






Time for a more neutral up-to-date color... First- prime over that dark red with brown glaze...




 

The day after we demoed the bathroom, our friends came over, toured our house and they offered to buy our house! Hopefully they enjoy the new powder room :)

First coat done. I painted it the same color as Andrew's room walls... we had 1/2 a gallon of the paint left so  that was the color we went with- it looks a lot different in this room than his where there is a window, thankfully it looks good in both rooms :)



Tried to hide the lines on the walls left from the cabinet with some spray texture.




Much better. 



Cement board down...










Time to tile! I picked this fun brick-like tile that looks like a lot of different pieces in one tile. I think for a small room this looks better than using plain tiles, plus it really goes with the colors throughout the rest of the house. 







We borrowed our brother-in-laws tile saw. Thanks Joel!






Grout time!





Wash off the extra grout







I didn't take a picture but he sealed the grout after cleaning it off. 

Cut new baseboards and install



Get the new sink in place-  harder than it looks! The pipes normally come out of the wall... ours were out of the wall and the floor... Made it tough but Dave figured it out. 



Just needs the mirror back on, towel holder and tp holder... Caulk the baseboards, sink etc and touch a few things up. 








 It is done!!! 
If it were still "my house" I would have put in a framed mirror and spent some money on some new accessories etc...
A great clean slate for the new owners- definitely a huge improvement!










 The grout sealer lightened the grout color... It still looks good but something to remember next time. 




One more time--- Before


After




No comments:

Post a Comment